Most of the hosting bills of blogs that are paid by the blog owners are due to revenue earned through the ads shown on their blogs. And one of the best performing ads is those which are inside the post as shown in the following image. Continue reading “How to insert Ads inside your WordPress post”
From past few weeks my all sites which are based on WordPress platform were loading too slowly. I thought it was my host problem so I contacted them but they replied that the problem is related with the WordPress application installed on the host. So I started finding out solutions for my problem.
First I deactivated all my active plugins and started activating one by one and at the same time I was loading the website again and again after each plugin was activated. I discovered that one of my old plugin was the root cause of this problem so I deactivated it and the same plugin was installed on my other three websites so I deactivated it from there too however one of these website was still loading slow and I had to check it also manually by deactivating and reactivating each plugin one by one and found that one more plugin was causing problem.
So if you all are also facing the same problem then try to:
1) Deactivate all active plugins and then reactivate each of those one by one and keep reloading your website after each plugin gets reactivated this will help you to find out the faulty plugin.
2) If that doesn’t work then switch to Twenty Ten or Twenty Eleven theme to find out any theme specific problem.
3) Resetting the plugin folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin because sometimes even inactive plugins can cause problems.
4) Optimize your homepage to load quickly by showing only excerpts instead of full posts and reduces the number of posts on the page.
5) If your website has lot of images then it might take time to load them so use some good plugins to optimize your images.
6) The problem might be from host too, so select a good host.
Hope this helps to find out the problem and fix it. I will write one more article soon for increasing the performance of sites based on WordPress CMS.
Following are the Plugins which I use on this site 😀
- All in One SEO Pack : Helps in Search Engine Optimization. Out-of-the-box SEO for your WordPress blog.
- ELI’s Related Posts Footer Links and Widget: This Related Posts Plugin for WordPress displays links to a given number of Posts that are related to the current post(s) by Tags or Categories.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com: Jetpack is a WordPress plugin that supercharges your self-hosted WordPress site with the awesome cloud power of WordPress.com.
- Quick Adsense: Quick Adsense offers a quicker & flexible way to insert Google Adsense or any Ads code into a blog post.
- Rating-Widget Plugin: Create and manage Rating-Widget ratings in WordPress.
- Shareaholic | email, bookmark, share buttons: Shareaholic adds a (X)HTML compliant list of social bookmarking icons to each of your posts.
- Tynt Insight for WordPress: Learn what’s being copied off your website and how you can leverage this behaviour to get more traffic, more often.
- WordPress Popular Posts: Showcases your most popular posts to your visitors on your blog’s sidebar.
- WP-reCAPTCHA: Integrates reCAPTCHA anti-spam solutions with wordpress.
- WP About Author: Easily display customizable author bios below your posts.
- WP htaccess Control: Interface to customize the permalinks (author, category, archives and pagination) and htaccess file generated by WordPress.